Everde Growers is a leader within the horticulture industry with a true coast-to-coast footprint consisting of over 6,700 acres in production encompassing 14 farm locations throughout Texas, Florida, California, and Oregon. Our superior growing methods and pruning practices ensure consistent high quality and availability. Our inventory mix includes trees, shrubs, perennials, palms, grasses, succulents, tropicals, fruit, and many other items.
We are seeking a Nursery Production Manager to join our team at our Winters location in Winters, California.
Manage and oversee the Production Department of the location. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Management and monitoring of the all aspects of the Production Department within the facility, managing all field labor for growing & assembly, improving efficiency and productivity of workforce, growing quality plant material, budgetary management, & safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Daily review and monitoring of the irrigation system.
· Monthly review and analyze financial reports for accuracy while accounting and reporting on any budgetary variances.
· Prepare and participate in Governmental agency and County inspections.
· Interact and network with all regulatory agencies including County and State officials, vendors and others in the industry for the common good of the company.
· Develop a field layout plan (FLOP) to help create defined grower location and how plants should be laid down to manage irrigation needs.
· Implement use of PGR to grow a better-quality plant and help reduce labor costs with pruning.
· Reviews workload to establish work force requirements and schedules work for crews according to weather conditions, availability of equipment, necessity and seasonal limitations.
· Establish benchmarks and productivity requirements and reports them daily and accomplish labor budget
· Suggests formula and procedure changes to improve quality of plants to ensure product is ready for market per desired timetables.
· Orders needed inventory on a regular basis and insures proper storage, use and control of those products.
· Conducts a monthly inventory of all production related raw materials inventory products (i.e. bamboo, trellis, rubber bands, & etc.)
· Is responsible to help accomplish scrap goals.
· Implement a true BMP program.
· Insure policies and procedures are followed.
· Test and trial equipment and processes that increase productivity
· Work the needed shifts and hours to accomplish the needs tasks and responsibilities for the Production & Assembly Department.
· Coordinates with shipping department to determine volume needing pulled for shipments daily to ensure we are reallocating labor
· Compiles reports and responsible for response in all safety matters concerning employees in the Production Department to include any swing shift and night employees, where applicable.
· Responsible to continue training and education of him/herself and all Production employees in regard to chemical and pesticide management and worker protection standards as set by all regulatory agencies.
· Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
· Works with Production Managers in other locations to analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
· Holds key responsibilities for Safety Committee.
· Works closely with Plant Health, Scheduling & Availability, & Propagation managers to create team effort to grow quality plants.
· Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
· Responsible for all equipment in Production Dept and its safe operation.
· Conducts monthly walks with each field team lead in their area to create assets current priorities and provides a report card to field team lead, General Manager, and other managers that have actions from walk.
· Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to communicate in English. Ability to communicate in Spanish is helpful but not mandatory.
· Must be able to operate a computer using Windows based programs to include but not limited to Excel, Word and Office. Ability to utilize computer and manage irrigation systems, Oracle software and others as needed.
Candidates that are interested and qualified for this position should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org