High Glen Gardens:
High Glen Gardens is a private, 64-acre, newly-developed estate in Frederick, MD with approximately 10 cultivated acres of formal gardens, including a perennial border, rose garden, annual beds, greenhouse, Japanese garden, Mediterranean garden, English cottage garden, and extensive perimeter plantings. In 2014, High Glen Gardens began the implementation of a new master plan that guides our development. Elements of this master plan include a Grand Allee of red maples and bur oaks, unique earth sculptures, a natural wetland and bridge, and an ongoing reforestation project.
We are seeking an experienced, highly qualified Operations & Grounds Supervisor.
This will be a full-time, year-round position with competitive salary and benefits, including medical and dental insurance contribution, retirement plan contribution, life insurance contribution, paid holidays and flexible time off.
The Operations & Grounds Supervisor reports directly to the Executive Director.
This is a 40+ hour per week position, with occasional weeknight and weekend work as needed.
The areas of responsibility for High Glen include the 65-acre Frederick property, including all facilities and buildings, as well as a waterfront property in Annapolis. This list is flexible to a degree and can be tailored to the talents of the successful candidate.
- Equipment and vehicle care and maintenance, including tractor, dump truck, pick-up truck, Kubota, Bobcat and attachments, zero turn mower, golf carts, 18’ mower, top dresser, passenger cars
- Turf care management
- Field turf
- bi-weekly border and path mowing
- invasive species management
- seeding repair
- management of mowing, pesticide & fertilization contractors
- Fine turf
- pest/disease management
- seed/sod repair
- aerification and top dressing
- management of mowing contractor
- Irrigation and water supply system care and maintenance
- Bocce court care and maintenance
- Trash and recycling
- Exterior furniture care and maintenance
- Organization and maintenance of storage, maintenance and administrative facilities
- Fine garden work as needed
Assisting Arborist & Facilities Manager:
- Tree management
- Installation of new trees (usually with contractor support)
- Tree staking
- Herbicide treatment of tree rings
- Building care and maintenance
- Mechanical repairs
- Plumbing & water system
- Water feature care and maintenance
- Swimming pool and hot tub
- Fish pond
- Water system wells
- Exterior sound system repair and maintenance
- Exterior lighting repair and maintenance
- Exterior sculpture and art maintenance
- Project management assistance for major construction projects
- Snow removal