Articles & Videos
Operations Manager - Graceful Gardens - Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Application Closing Date
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
ABOUT GRACEFUL GARDENS
Graceful Gardens is a full service urban gardening company that provides design, installation, and maintenance services for gardens in downtown Philadelphia. Utilizing organic gardening techniques and materials, we combine a love of nature, people, food, design and healthy urban habitat to serve the Philadelphia community. To learn more visit www.GracefulGardens.net
Graceful Gardens is currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager with a love of gardening and an appreciation for the power of plants to transform space and improve the quality of urban life, excellent communication skills, and a passion for providing excellent customer service.
The Operations Manager will be a full-time employee and an integral leader of the Graceful Gardens team who will be responsible for the overall performance of the operations of the company. Under the general supervision of Owner Grace Wicks, this person will execute the day to day operations through spring, summer and fall seasons. During the winter season, the primary tasks of the Operations Manager will be to work on the special projects as well as preparation for the following service season. While leading and working collaboratively with a team of full-time and seasonal staff, the Operations Manager's responsibilities will include all aspects of client, vendor, and crew relationships and communications. They will also oversee planning, scheduling and executing garden designs, and reporting on client's gardens. This includes selecting and procuring plants and materials for jobs as well as inventory control.
- Communicating with Office Manager to confirms appointments and scope of work;
- Interacting and communicating with clients in all aspects of their gardens;
- Keeping client database and other systems management tools up to date;
- Serving as a HR resource to the Gardening Team, nurturing employees to do their best to maintain team morale, productivity and growth;
- Supervising, leading, and communicating with Gardening Team daily to facilitate successful operations;
- Providing the Owner with weekly and monthly company updates;
- Designing arrangements for properties and working collaboratively with Forepeople on garden planning;
- Keeping track of inventory, selecting and procuring materials such as soil, compost, rock, plants and planters, which includes placing orders, picking up orders and/or scheduling and receiving deliveries;
- Managing maintenance of Headquarters property with care and respect, which includes vehicles, tools and equipment;
- Exercising personal safety measures and reminding Gardening Team to do the same.
SOME WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU: smart, direct, organized, left-brained, responsive, responsible, dedicated, empathetic, kind, friendly, considerate, professional, dynamic, problem solver.
This job requires a base of 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. During peak season, there will be some evenings and weekends as needed.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Those interested in applying should submit their resume, cover letter and three references via Graceful Gardens Operations Manager Job Application by January 15, 2018: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOh3wKJc40_UOXfEJI_Y1MCmF6Ya3wjup4J4GebVSh6yp__A/viewform
HIRING TIMELINE / START DATE
We will conduct interviews between now and January 23, 2018 and will make an offer in early February. The position begins February 26, 2018.
NOTE: We will only review applicants who submit a resume AND cover letter via the applications instructions and link above. Do NOT apply via responding to this email as we will only consider candidates who follow the instructions above.
- Significant experience in garden design and horticulture work is a must! This includes plant ID, IPM, watering, fertilizing, pruning, grooming, and general maintenance (AND/OR completion of a horticulture-related program from an accredited college or other recognized institution);
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and communicate efficiently;
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor (able to lift and carry 50 pounds) on a daily basis;
- A love of gardening and an appreciation for the power of plants to transform space and improve the quality of urban life;
- A valid driver's license and the ability to safely maneuver large vehicles;
- Experience in purchasing and inventory control;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, technological and written skills;
- Passion for providing excellent customer service and a positive attitude;
- Ability to lead a crew as well as follow instructions and work as part of a team;
- Able to work occasional weekends and overtime at peak season;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions;
- Operating Google Drive and Excel;
- The following skills are not required but would be a plus: Building and carpentry skills; Background in or knowledge of design software for landscape renderings; Operating a forklift
Philadelphia PA 19146
Copyright © 2018
All Rights Reserved.