Articles & Videos
Operations/Facility Manager - Sacramento , CA
6901 Bradshaw Road
Sacramento , CA 95829
From $70,000 To $85,000
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
The Manager will be responsible for managing field laborers, improving efficiency and productivity of the workforce, growing quality plant material (trees, shrubs, color, vines, and native plants) and distribution activities of the plant material to the customer.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
• Managing the operation within budget for labor and production materials.
• Managing and overseeing irrigation system and controllers for all crops.
• Developing Standard Operating Procedures for the facility.
• Managing Labor Planning Program and establishing work benchmarks and efficiencies for all key work areas.
• Monitoring and measuring performance and develop new techniques to reduce costs and improve quality and efficiencies.
• Provide recommendations and oversee continual improvement processes.
• Developing and producing key weekly indicator reports to help manage daily operations.
• Provide nursery layout recommendations to achieve optimal performance.
• Manage overall product movement strategy from production field to dock to customer.
• Performing competitive analysis comparing company production output and efficiencies with key competitors.
• Managing safety committee and ensuring workers are performing safely and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Developing mentoring program for new employees.
Qualified candidate should have management experience in a large wholesale nursery or horticultural facility.
• Qualified candidate is expected to have manufacturing and operations management experience.
• Ability and knowledge to professionally grow a wide variety of ornamental shrubs and trees for commercial sales.
• B.S. degree in horticulture and 5 years of related experience or minimum 10 years of experience in a nursery production position.
• Valid CA Driver’s License
• Preferred, but not required: fluency in Spanish, PCA license
Orange CA 92867
Copyright © 2018
All Rights Reserved.