The Crop Grower Coach is responsible for the execution, and management of production of all the crops in his/her area to achieve all company targets in terms of quality, quantity, equivalent unit cost, and in accordance with specified safety, quality standards, schedules, and budget.
The Crop Grower Coach is responsible for the training and development of his/her team, setting priorities and providing resources to accomplish crop and nursery goals. He/she will meet with the Nursery Grower Coach to review priorities and coordinate all activities within the crop area and receive ongoing training.
The opening in at the Connecticut nursery is for a Perennial Crop Grower Coach. They will be working with Perennials mostly, however, opportunities to grow other crops may be available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all growing processes from the receiving of canning to assembling orders from the assigned crop group area.
- Provide process training to craftsmen in his/her team.
- Prioritize area needs; develop alternative approaches.
- Collaborate with other Crop Grower Coaches to coordinate task completion within crop group areas.
- Work closely with the inventory team to achieve crop readiness objectives.
- Work closely with the Canning Team Coach to achieve monthly production goals.
- Work closely with the Nursery Production Planning Coach when making changes and adjustments to crop growing schedules and BOM’s.
- Ensure consistent application of Monrovia best practices, and environmental standards in all production activities to deliver plants meeting Monrovia quality standards.
- Serve as a contributing member of the nursery team providing information for and from the assigned growing area.