PLANT HEALTH CARE TECHNICIAN / ARBORIST
Greener Solutions, LLC is a well-established, full-service Lawn and Plant Health Care Company located north of Boston, and we currently have an exciting opening with growth opportunities for a Plant Health Care Technician / Arborist. This individual is enthusiastic about their future and wants to join a passionate, innovative team that is focused on providing outstanding service using IPM and organic programs.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE GREENER SOLUTIONS?
Here at Greener Solution’s, we look for the best employees we can find. And not just because you have exceptional skills and talent, and not even because you give quality service to your clients. We want you because if you are skilled, talented and give great, quality service, that means you have a superior work ethic and you take pride in your work. This is the base of a successful career! Working …anywhere, not just here should not be “just a job”. It should be a position that you have chosen because you enjoy it. A “job” that you are skilled in and a company you can grow with.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot clients’ sites pertaining to plant health care needs
- Perform fertilization, disease, and insect control treatments
- Work collaboratively with clients and co-workers to achieve maximum success
- Upselling services you feel are beneficial
- 3-5 years of field experience in Plant Health Care with extensive knowledge of tree and shrub identification as well as disease and insect control
- Current MA Pesticide Applicator License and DOT Medical Certificate
- Experience driving and operating a multi-tank truck mounted spray system
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s record
- Background check and pre-employment drug test required
- Arborist Certification a PLUS
Other characteristics we look for in a candidate for Greener Solutions, LLC:
- An optimistic attitude – we all have good days and bad days. We are looking for team members that can still give a smile, tell a joke and enjoy their workday even when Dunkin’s screwed up your coffee that morning.
- Desire to learn new skills and new techniques – we want you to enjoy your job, utilize your existing skills and improve in areas you are interested in.
- Proactive/Problem Solver – knowing how to navigate a tricky situation and giving a client the best service possible often requires one to make decisions in the moment. Having this innate ability is a benefit to all.
- Listen – Listening is a skill we all struggle with on occasion, but is crucial to effective communication between you, your fellow employees, and clients. Knowing how to sit back, listen and apply what you have heard is a talent to be proud of!
- Sense of Humor – In our opinion, laughing is part of the recipe needed to love your job. We aren’t looking for comedians, you don’t have to tell any jokes, you could even be an introvert. We just want you to enjoy coming to work every day (well, maybe not every day, sometimes Monday’s are rough ;)) and to us that includes some laughter throughout the day!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Events
- Uniforms, Snacks, Beverages and more!
*For eligible employees
This is a full-time, seasonal position.
Starting pay $26 - $34 per hour. Compensation commensurate with experience.
We welcome your questions and interest regarding this position or any position at SLS Landscape and Greener Solutions, so please reach out! We look forward to meeting you!
Greener Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.