Tree Town USA is a leader within the horticulture industry with a true coast-to-coast footprint consisting of over 6,000 acres in production encompassing 15 farm locations throughout Texas, Florida, California, and Oregon. We are seeking a Plant Health Manager to join our team in Northern California based out of our Winters location in Winters, California.
Manage and oversee the Plant Health Department of the location. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Management and monitoring of the all aspects of the Plant Health Department within the facility. Pest management, disease control, weed control, planting media management, fertilizer management, irrigation control assistance, safety and some nursery production responsibilities. Also, responsible and accountable for all Technical Services budgetary management, regulatory compliance, recordkeeping and reporting by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Daily review and monitoring of the irrigation and fertility system.
• Responsible for entire facility Worker Protection Standard (WPS) and Global Harmonization System (GHS) compliance and training.
• Weekly and monthly review and analysis of financial reports and key metrics for reporting on any budgetary variances and developing and implementing actions plans, timeline and accountabilities for all variances.
• Responsible for regulatory reporting to the all governmental and or regulatory agencies, municipalities, and organizations with the assistance of the General Manager.
• Prepare and participate in all local, county, State and Federal Regulatory or Governmental inspections or actions
• Interact and network with all regulatory agencies vendors and others in the industry for development of BMP and the common good of the company.
• Reviews workload to establish work force requirements and schedules work for crews according to weather conditions, availability of equipment, necessity and seasonal limitations.
• Establish benchmarks and productivity requirements and reports them daily and accomplish labor budget
• Suggests formula and procedure changes to improve quality of plants to ensure product is ready for market per desired timetables.
• Conducts a monthly inventory of all chemicals and Plant Health inventory products including Sulfur for the burner and liquid fertilizer.
• Is responsible to minimize waste and scrap and meet site objectives for both.
• Implement a true BMP program.
• Test and trial equipment and processes that increase productivity, efficiency, safety and quality of work life.
• Enters all needed data into Tiger Jill software for monthly reporting to Dept. of Agriculture. Is responsible to insure all proper records are kept and all state laws and regulations and requirements are maintained.
• Responsible to maintain SDS book – electronic and manual
• Work the needed shifts and hours to accomplish the needs, tasks and responsibilities for the Plant Health Department
• Compiles reports and responsible for response in all safety matters concerning employees in the Plant Health Department to include any swing shift and night employees, where applicable.
• Responsible to continue training and education of him/herself and all Plant Health employees in regard to chemical and pesticide management and worker protection standards as set by all regulatory agencies.
• Maintains a minimum of an applicators license within the site
• Communicates company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Works with Plant Health Managers in other locations to analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving common challenges and establish BMP’s. problems.
• Holds key responsibilities for Safety Committee.
• Works closely with Shrub, Tree and propagation managers to create team effort to grow quality plants.
• Initiates and develops plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Responsible for all equipment in Plant Health Dept. and its safe operation.
• Works with Plant Health crew to insure property is locked and secured on a nightly basis.
• Walks nursery and scouts for pests and disease to spot check and insure that scouting by others is adequate to identify priorities on a timely basis. Entire nursery should be covered weekly utilizing the Plant Health Team with consideration of input from field managers.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to communicate in English. Ability to communicate in Spanish is helpful but not mandatory.
• Must be able to operate a computer using Windows based programs to include but not limited to Excel, Word and Office. Ability to utilize computer and manage irrigation systems, Oracle, Tiger Jill and others as needed.
Candidates that are interested and qualified for this position should email resumes to email@example.com