** This opportunity requires familiarity and experience with trees and shrubs. It will involve advising guests on purchases and the specific care needs of their plants. **
The Plant Sales Associate is responsible for demonstrating excellent customer service, while providing effective support that contributes to a customer focused environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service that makes guests feel welcome.
- Promote and recommend products and/or services that match customer needs.
- Direct customer or vendor interactions; including directing customers to store departments or merchandise, answering customer questions on product availability.
- Ensure displays are seasonally appropriate, and look neat and well kept.
- Assist customers as needed in selecting, carrying, and loading merchandise.
- Water plant material in accordance with Logan’s Procedures and Best Practices.
- Contribute a positive, engaged attitude, with guests or co-workers.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment by complying with company policies and procedures for merchandising, housekeeping, and safety.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks where priorities shift with the demands of the business.
- Provide support to other departments and projects as directed by your supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must understand and comply with Logan’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team to perform all tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers, team members and leadership.
- Ability to manage and perform different activities within the store through proper communication and coordination with the General and Facilities Managers.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and assume responsibility for actions.
- Passion for personal and professional growth through consistent learning.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk most of the day. You must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and reach. Occasionally, he/she must be able to crawl, climb or balance. Employees must frequently lift and /or move 25-50lbs, with the aid of another employee or handcart.
This job operates in a professional retail, office, and outdoor environment. This role is performed in all weather conditions (including heat, cold and rain).
Buyer/Lead for Perennials, Trees and Shrubs
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.