Swift Greenhouses, Inc.
Plug Grower Supervisor– Seedlings & Potted (Midwest Values!)
Got Traffic? We don’t ...... just beautiful countryside!
Want more time for yourself and/or family?
Love nurturing plants and watching them develop and grow into flowers/edible fruits/pollinators?
Looking for a welcoming, friendly, team oriented environment?
Iowa Ranked #1 best state to live in 2018
- Bonuses – 2 per year
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- 401K up to 4% Match
- Health Insurance
- Relocation Subsidy
- Friendly, Family-like Atmosphere
- Free Plants
Nurture your crops daily, making decisions on growth and environment in your own range.
- Research new ideas for crop quality improvements
- Care and monitoring of range for optimum crop quality, climate, and plant placement
- Develop/document high quality standards for consistently growing crops using computer database
- Assist in the development and implementation of specific fertilization programs
- Share ideas during weekly grower communication meetings
- Attend conventions or training off-site
- Monitor/control computerized greenhouse environments
- Attain the latest industry insight, trends and information from on-site consultants
- Responsible for all aspects of growing, including watering, fertilizing, spraying, and testing.
- Lead employees in your range
- Perform/track soil, water, disease tests as necessary
- Identify/track/control insects
- Identify crop issues and determine solutions
- Interact/communicate with a dedicated, knowledgeable, friendly grower team
Come join our close-knit, passionate, knowledgeable grower group!
Come locate yourself in the beautiful rolling hills of Iowa farmland, where midwest values are strong. 1 hour NE of Des Moines, in central Iowa.
As a valued Grower at Swift Greenhouses, Inc, you will find the least number of hours worked of any major plug producer in the industry. That means more time for you and/or your family.
Be part of a family owned tradition that has been sustained for nearly 70 years of growing superior quality, wholesale potted plants and plugs, consisting of 5 acres of Perennials, Annuals and Succulents, along with Edible Veggies & Herbs.
You will continually be challenged and trained, learning and discussing with our in-house team of professionals, along with the industry’s leading plant/plug consultants to assist in producing the highest quality plant material possible.
Many rewarding opportunities to specialize in at Swifts, so don’t limit yourself!
- BS or AS in Horticulture/Floriculture/Biology/Botany or related field or 2 years minimum grower experience
- Exhibit excellent leadership skills
- Detail Oriented
- Lead by example – set the highest possible standards for quality, efficiency, productivity, and behavior
- Utilize Overtime hours as necessary to finish daily tasks
- Display proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Obtain a state pesticide applicators license
- Demonstrate basic computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook