As the Procurement Manager at Brandywine Growers, LLC you will be responsible for the sourcing, purchasing, and coordinating delivery of incoming plant material. This includes large trees, shrubs, perennials and native grasses according to our customer's needs.
You will be head of sales, discussing plant options with potential customers, coordinating outgoing plant deliveries, giving tours of the farm to customers, answering inventory and plant questions via phone and email, providing photos of plant material to customers when appropriate, and assisting the farm hands with locating plant material for outgoing projects. You will need to develop a working knowledge of where plants are located on the farm, in what quantity, and what projects they are for.
You will work closely with the Office Manager on ensuring smooth invoicing and inventory tracking. You will also work closely with the Head Grower to ensure the material bought in is sized up based on upcoming projects.
We are fast growing company who needs someone to help facilitate our growing needs and delivery them in a timely fashion.
Experience in the nursery industry or a familiarity with the above is highly desirable.
· Negotiation skills, experience with RFPs a plus
· Analytical skills, including intermediate or higher proficiency in MS Excel
· Organizational skills, experience running parallel processes across locations and ability to push multiple projects along
· Sense of urgency and ability to shift on the fly.
· A successful candidate will be resourceful and organized; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without losing focus
· Understands negotiation with vendors, able to analyze cost decisions vs. functionality
· Ability to work with team members across the organization
· Strong communication skills
1 Week vacation/sick pay