GROW YOUR CAREER WITH OUR TEAM! Mariani Enterprises, LLC has an opening for a full-time Project Manager to work in our Lake Bluff, IL location.
ABOUT MARIANI ENTERPRISES, LLC:
Mariani Enterprises, LLC has built its business across more than 60 years and three generations, establishing itself as the industry leader in residential landscape. Headquartered in Lake Bluff, Illinois, Mariani’s reputation for impeccable design creativity, build excellence and high touch service puts them in their own category. Their work grows out of their mission--to create and maintain unique, quality environments for the benefit of their clients and community. The results include long-standing, multi-generational client relationships, career development opportunities across all disciplines, best of class certifications (ISO 9001) and industry accolades (NALP, ASLA, ILCA, PLN, LUXE RED, etc), and exponential market growth now happening nationwide. Add in Mariani’s exceptional work culture and their growth potential is unsurpassed.
This associate shall be responsible to ensure appropriate execution of day to day operations on how a project is managed after Client awards a job to Mariani Landscape. This associate shall have a thorough understanding of scope of work on the project, cost for specified scope of work on the project and schedule timeframes allocated to provide the scope of work on the project. This associate interacts with the design team, construction staff, and administrative support on a regular basis and other departments throughout the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow company policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Process and document permit requirements for the given project.
- Perform thorough scope review on the project, evaluate subcontractor bids with design team and produce bid comparisons.
- Review bid comparisons with PM coordinator before awarding.
- Review and complete project estimate for Design Director’s presentation to the client.
- Prepare a project schedule with assistance from Construction Manager and Design Director.
- Review and approve subcontractor agreements and Project Directory.
- Help commence construction work on the site with a Project Kick-off Meeting with the project team. Establish project specific goals for quality, safety and timely completion.
- Process project required submittals on a timely basis. Upon receipt of shop drawings and samples for approval from subcontractors, PM shall submit these to the Project Architect for approval. Once approval is secured, PM shall forward approval to the subcontractors.
- Oversee project installation details to ensure end result will exceed client expectations and enhance Mariani Landscape’s reputation.
- Evaluate Subcontractor requests for clarifications on construction details, construction means and methods. Request resolution from the Project Architect if necessary. Process and Document “Request for Information” RFIs. Document and distribute Architect’s responses to RFIs.
- Initiate layout and verify grades with subcontractors. Gain Design Director’s approval on layout.
- Schedule and run periodic coordination meetings and schedule meetings with subcontractors and design team. Document and resolve items discussed. Distribute updates to Project Schedule to the project team.
- Schedule and run periodic Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) meetings to discuss project schedule, monthly billings, changes to scope of work if any, construction quality, etc.
- Assist in managing communication between administrative departments, including Administrative Support and Accounting. Participate in weekly departmental and training meetings.
- Works with the administrative support team to ensure accurate and timely process flow.
- Write Proposed Change Order Requests to the Client or Client’s Representative, if requested.
- Process change order documentation for subcontractors when a proposed change request is approved by Client or Client’s Representative.
- Maintain a change order Log for proposed and approved changes on the project.
- Review & approve subcontractor pay requests. Work with the billing specialist to produce monthly pay requests to the Client. Provide periodic feedback to Design Director on account status.
- Maintain relationship with clients assigned to them through the installation process, pulling in team members such as the Design Director as needed.
- Communicate requested design changes and/or concerns on project details to the Design Director in a timely manner.
- Communicate with Production Coordinators regarding subcontractor issues which may affect scheduled planting work in a timely manner.
- Create a Punch List covering nonconforming or incomplete items. Distribute this punch list to Project team. Monitor completion of corrective work required.
- Coordinate timely project inspections from local authorities. Issue notifications prior to inspections as required.
- Issue project closeout notifications. Process project closeout requirements. Prepare a closeout submittal for the Client to include As-built drawings, Warranty Letters, Operating and Maintenance (O&M) Manuals, fully signed off Punch List, etc.
- Arrange for Design Director to certify substantial completion of the project.