Everde Growers is a leader within the horticulture industry with a true coast-to-coast footprint consisting of over 6,700 acres in production encompassing 14 farm locations throughout Texas, Florida, California, and Oregon. Our superior growing methods and pruning practices ensure consistent high quality and availability.
We are seeking a Propagation Manager to work out of our Bunnell, FL location.
You will be expected to have and develop leadership skills including the ability to listen without judgement, give and receive honest feedback, create a culture of open communication and place a high value on teamwork and accountability. You must be able to work closely with the Production Manager for management and oversight of the Propagation department, including all aspects of propagation production from cutting harvest and preparation, sticking and potting, lay down, growing, finishing, sorting, canning and delivery to internal and external customers.
Among the duties of this role are:
· Overseeing the daily operations of the Propagation teams, executing propagation & production plans.
· Ensuring that quality standards and best management practices are met in production and within the propagation department.
· Scheduling and prioritizing work lists, planning daily production & labor.
· Maintaining raw material inventory counts and insuring needed supplies are on hand.
· Coordinating daily operations and labor needs for the department.
· Working with team leads to communicate cutting and potting needs from their areas.
· Assisting the General Manager in improving productivity and reducing shrink.
· Embracing, learning and training on all new mechanization equipment and tools.
· Working with the management team to implement best management practices and efficiencies within propagation and canning, in part by learning and implementing lean projects and processes.
· Working with the Availability team in preparation for and taking of physical inventories & cycle counts in the Propagation department.
· Responsible for financial results & meeting monthly & yearly budget results.
· Responsible for capital needs & projects.
· Working with the Scheduling manager to reduce residency of crops.
· Responsible for new products department.
· Responsible for staffing, training and discipline of employees.
· Responsible for proper paperwork processing in the facility.
What we need:
· Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have strong leadership, supervisory and communication skills.
· Must have a current driver’s license.
· Ability to communicate in English and Spanish.
· Must be able to operate a computer using Windows based programs including MS Office.