Flowerwood Nursery, Inc., a wholesale nursery selling to the trade with locations in Alabama, Florida and Georgia, provides broadleaf evergreens, conifers, deciduous shrubs, grasses, groundcovers, trees, perennials, and seasonal color throughout the Southern and Mid-Atlantic states.
The company is looking for a performance driven effective communicator to join the team in the capacity of a Propagator, specializing in all stages of propagation and cultivation of young plants during appropriate months, and also assisting with finished production growing including duties outside of main young plant propagation.
· Execute the propagation plan developed in coordination with the overall nursery plan to maximize efficiency and minimize changes to the plan
· Train, lead, coach and supervise team of employees, develop daily objectives for employees and monitor their performance to maximize efficiency
· Train and lead employees in properly and precisely executing the cutting and sticking of plants to ensure quality liner stock
· Plan and coordinate spacing needs
· Monitor crops for rooting progress, plant nutrition, pest and disease issue, and make adjustments as needed in anticipation of problems
· Assist with all aspects of crop production required to efficiently produce crops which are at peak salability on scheduled finish dates while reducing waste in all processes
· Complete and maintain timely crop status reports/records
· Network and maintain relationships with local horticulture community
· Implement process improvement on a continuing basis