Articles & Videos
RECRUITER - Glendora , CA
Armstrong Garden Centers
Glendora , CA 91740
Human Resources Jobs
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Together, Armstrong Garden Centers and Pike Nurseries is the largest independent retail garden center in the United States. With over 50 retail, wholesale and production facilities in California, Georgia and North Carolina, Armstrong and Pike are leaders in every facet of the green industry. Our pride of ownership can be seen in all that we do – from our exceptional services to our quality plant material all of which are outshined by the fabric of our company and reason for our success – our associates.
The Recruiter supports the hiring, selection and recruitment activities for both Pike Nurseries and Armstrong Garden Centers. This position will support numerous hiring and requisition initiatives including, but not limited to: Retail Management, Retail Sales and Corporate positions. This position will work integrally with the Human Resources Department and Division Operations teams to achieve hiring and retention initiatives. This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and works in partnership with multiple corporate, retail and wholesale business partners to develop and implement relevant requisition, hiring, on-boarding and retention programs. This position is based out of the Glendora, CA corporate office and will require national travel.
This position is responsible for the following:
• Assesses company-wide hiring opportunities and develop and execute plan to fill requisitions.
• Work alongside multiple corporate departments (including Store Operations) to initiate hiring objectives
• Responsible for full cycle of hiring responsibilities including screening, interviewing, references and making job offers
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within retail recruiting
• Plan and coordinate on-site interviewing training and procedures
• Coach, train and develop retail management team trainees in preparation for promotion and career development.
• Mentor and advise retail and corporate management team on staffing and employment issues
Expected travel is approximately 25% and will be required to attend hiring events nationally and support hiring initiatives in the California market.
This position requires a dynamic and motivated self-starter who is capable of working both independently and with a team. The ideal candidate is an energetic and creative individual who is focused and driven on achieving hiring results. This position will be required to maintain a strong operational and cultural understanding so as to best fill open positions and be a key ambassador of the Armstrong and Pike Nurseries culture.
This position will require the ability to complete multiple cross-functional projects while maintaining the general requirements of the position in a time-sensitive environment.
Candidates must have 3-5 years of previous retail and multi-location recruiting and hiring experience.
Additional requirements include (but are not limited to):
• Previous retail recruiting and hiring experience (required)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field (preferred)
• Dynamic and professional presentation skills
• Exceptional creativity and initiative to fulfill hiring needs
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
OUTSTANDING SALARY WITH BONUS!
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
• Employee Stock Ownership
• 401k with discretionary match
• Vacation and Holiday pay
• Bonus Opportunities
Armstrong Garden Centers
Glendora CA 91740
Copyright © 2017
All Rights Reserved.