Homestead Gardens prides itself on honesty, integrity, and services to its customers. With the commitment of our hardworking staff, we have been able to successfully serve the community since 1973.
We have an opportunities for experienced Retail Managers to join our team to provide leadership and mentorship, ensure excellent customer interaction and satisfaction, and maintain Homestead Gardens' outstanding standards for quality products and customer service.
What You Will Do:
- Lead sales team to ensure success and maximum department sales growth working closely with the Category Manager (Buyer) to meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Inspire department teamwork, efficiency in targeted goals, and customer service excellence
- Work closely with the Category Manager (Buyer) to develop and monitor department's sales and product margin management through markdowns and adjustments.
- Manage and supervise daily operations of the department and its staff, including:
- Associate training and mentoring
- Preparation of work schedules
- Setting short and long term goals, assign tasks and follow-up
- Develop and administer department payroll hours and budget, working closely with the General Manager.
- Support adherence to company policies and procedures, including all safety policies and procedures.
- Mentor the company's On-the-Job Training Program.
- Participate in leadership team meetings, industry events, trade shows, and professional development opportunities..
What You Will Bring:
Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of relevant experience and the following credentials/skills:
- Leadership with a focus on inspiring excellence and results
- Authentic salesmanship to connect our customers with our products
- A superior level of customer service and relationship building with our customers
- Organization and time management skills to a busy retail environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Technology skills or willingness to learn the Eagle POS system.
Why You'll Love Us:
- We are an award winning company with a legacy of being The Best Of for 49 years!
- We're proud to be the number one family-owned retailer in Anne Arundel County, MD.
- Homestead Gardens has donated over $1 million to the community.
- Competitive pay, flexible hours, and professional development so you can advance in a fun and exciting career.
- You get to work in a garden center, meet fascinating, like-minded people, and live the green life!
- Employee Benefits Plans
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Store Discount
- Flexible Schedules