• A HS diploma or GED
• Must have three years of current sales experience and proven success.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PP, Outlook).
• Reliable transportation, a valid state-issued driver's license, and clean MVR.
• Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Strong sales presentation skills to confidently address any size of audience or setting
• Salespeople at The Ground Up do not follow a traditional eight-hour business day, work
above that amount is expected to meet client demands.
• Knowledge of nursery products such as plants, trees, compost, mulches, stone, pavers, etc.
• Sales experience in a garden center, nursery, landscape or farming context is a plus
• Experience or education in the horticulture, agriculture or related field
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related a plus
• Previous experience using CRM systems
• Bilingual skills in Spanish and English
• Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time or until the end of the assigned shift
• Must be able to safely and properly lift 15 lbs. or more occasionally throughout the assigned shift with or without assistance
• Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, reach above shoulder height, crouch, balance, and push/pull
• Must be able to use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating
• Specific vision abilities required including close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception an ability to adjust focus
• Must be able to work with daily exposure to dust and dirt
• Moderate noise typical of an office setting such as computers, printers, phone, and light customer traffic