Since 1995, Devil Mountain Wholesale Nursery has provided its professional customers with access to more plant varieties on hand than any other wholesale nursery in the San Francisco Bay Area and the Central Valley. We pride ourselves in having a knowledgeable sales staff, attention to quality material, and extensive delivery capacity throughout the Bay Area, Central Valley, and surrounds.
Inside Sales Representative:
Our Nursery location in Clements is looking for an Inside Sales Representative. An ideal candidate is energetic, reliable, and detail oriented, with a background in or deep knowledge of horticulture. Prior sales experience at a retail nursery, wholesale nursery, grower, landscape architect, landscaping or other plant related business is highly desired.
Primary responsibilities include:
•Effectively handles counter and phone orders in a timely basis, fulfilling orders, and is responsible for assisting in the effective execution of sales transactions, sales activities, and marketing efforts associated with clients.
• Responsible for the complete satisfaction of clients/customers relative to all customer transactions and interaction.
• Responds to questions, inventory requests, and requests for bid, quotes, and estimates.
• Responsible for accurate and timely invoicing of all sales activity.
• May, as directed, assist with customer payment and collection efforts.
• Assists Shipping Manager, as required, with all related delivery and shipping activities.
• Ensures the highest possible professionalism and customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrates and communicates a strong understanding, knowledge, and availability of the nursery's inventory, product performance, product mix, and product objectives.
• Has the ability to offer substitutions and/or recommended alternatives as solutions for unavailable inventory.
• Responsible for assisting in any related sales activity associated with designated accounts including brokering, and cooperative activities.
• May assist in representing the business in all industry-wide trade associations deemed by the business to be important to business development.
• Assists with specific company directives and tasks, including physical inventories, sales meetings, and company marketing activities
• Always is attentive to customers and sales leads.
• 1-2 years of experience in nursery sales and account development.
• Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations.
• Extensive experience in all aspects of account development and relationship management.
• Understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• Accountability to specific production plans and product sales.
• Proven salesmanship and client satisfaction skills, and the ability to accomplish specific sales and marketing goals.
• Bilingual in Spanish highly desirable, but not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
We offer great benefits like: Medical (employer paid), Dental, Vision, 401K (employer match), Holidays, Sick leave, Vacation, and employee discounts.