Smith Gardens has an exciting opportunity for a Section Grower to join our team at our Marysville, WA site.
Smith Gardens is a wholesale nursery that grows potted flowers! We are a dynamic group of individuals who enjoy working around beautiful plants.
Would you like to work for a family-oriented company that is inclusive in nature, culturally diverse and with a proven success record in Covid-19 safety and prevention practices? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Responsible for daily irrigation and fertilization of crops. Coordinate with assistant head grower to determine crop culture needs. Maintain environmental controls, assists with pest controls, area sanitation and crop layout.
- Responsible for up to 5 acres of green house and/or up to 10 acres of field.
- Leads and coordinates an irrigation and growing team of up to 5 people.
- Applies pesticides in a safe and effective manner.
- Monitors greenhouse environment, area sanitizing and crop layout.
- Responsible for daily irrigation, fertilization of crops.
- Responsible for pest control.
- Responsible for accurate execution of drench, growth regulators, pesticides, and fungicides.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication, Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Able to follow culture sheets.
- Able to follow instructions and delegate.
- Able to check EC and HPs and monitor accuracy as well as trouble checks.
- Solid computer and Microsoft Office skills.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Associates level degree in Horticulture or related fields, and at least one year experience.
- Familiar with the use of the different chemicals and basic knowledge of pest, diseases, and safety regulations.
- Proper fertilization and pesticides application.
- Knowledge on spraying technics.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching overhead, and from side to side for long periods of time.
To learn more about our company & view a more detailed job description, visit our website at smithgardens.com/careers.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) and Company-Paid LTD. Apply today!
We look forward to hearing from you!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties or qualifications.Smith Gardens provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.