• An experienced gardener and plant enthusiast with a broad knowledge of woody and herbaceous plants, both hardy and tender
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of public horticulture
• Solid background in plant taxonomy, identification, and botanical nomenclature
• Strong sense of garden aesthetics and the ability to communicate to garden professionals, staff, media, and the general public
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and experience writing engaging text on gardening subjects for social media, website,
• Experience developing and leading innovative programs and experience with public speaking for a public garden or similar organization
• Bachelor’s degree, or more advanced degree (preferred) in horticulture, landscape design or related field
• Office and outdoor work required in all seasons with frequent sitting, standing, walking and bending; may be exposed to extreme heat, cold
and pollen when working outdoors
• Must be able to lift 20-30 pounds
• Microsoft Office applications and database proficiency
Schedule: Four days/week including some evenings and weekends
Medical, dental and vision planned are included, with paid time off. This position includes a 401k with a pension plan.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples on gardening subjects (blog posts or similar) to email@example.com. Please state Senior Horticultural Interpreter in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.