POSITION: Senior Horticulture Specialist – Purchasing and Sales
LOCATION Senior Horticulture Specialist—Buyer works from 8:00-5:00 p.m. in our Camarillo, CA office. The company currently serves all of California and Western Nevada.
If you know Western horticulture and are looking for a new and exciting work opportunity for growth, contact us!
This position is on a management track and a successful candidate will be considered for management training and opportunities in the future, as well.
ABOUT BAMBOO PIPELINE: We are California’s premier wholesale distributor of horticulture products to the Landscape Industry. In 2018, Bamboo Pipeline sold more than 1.6 million containerized plants to jobs throughout California. We serve every major landscape firm and our plants are installed in residential estates and premiere commercial installations from San Diego to Napa and all points in between. We are the most technologically advanced company in the industry and sell more product via the web than any other company in California. Check us out at www.bamboopipeline.com.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP Reports directly to the Vice President, Purchasing and Sales
BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES The Senior Horticulture Specialist serves as the lead horticultural resource within our buying and selling teams. This individual will execute orders with our nursery vendors, verify specifications and assure quality control leveraging the most innovative purchasing technology platform in the industry today. This person will also help our contracting customers with orders and horticulture specifications.
• Execute purchases of high quality plant material from growers throughout California. Apply company’s internal plant quality rating and record exceptions to customer quality expectation rating. Serve as final quality assurance professional and provide feedback to vendors.
• Communicate with Sales and Marketing regarding availability and other supply issues.
• Maintain and further develop vendor relationships.
• Work in company’s enterprise software system (SAP) as necessary for accurate inventory processing related to customer deliveries, receipts from vendors, and staging of orders.
• Assist in the development and horticultural learning for other staff.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
• 3+ years of experience working at a retail or wholesale nursery
• Deep knowledge of California and Western Zone plants - ability to identify most all plants commonly grown in local region by botanical and common names
• High attention to detail and strong organization skills
• Personal qualities that include: dependability, high sense of urgency, results orientation, and professionalism
• Solid verbal communication skills
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, physically demanding work environment
• Proven PC skills (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Salary is very competitive and will depend on experience and qualifications. In addition, the company provides comprehensive medical benefits and a 401K plan, as well as 16 paid personal days and company holidays.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until January 1, 2021 ask about our $1,000 signing bonus!