Job Title: Shuttle Truck Driver
The primary function of the Shuttle Truck Driver is to assist with the transportation of plants to various retail locations and growing stations. The Shuttle Driver will assist with loading the truck with full racks of plants, then delivering the load from his/her home-based growing station to another designated growing station or retail location. The driver will then return to his/her home-based station with the empty racks. The Shuttle Truck Driver shall perform these services at such times as the Station Manager may direct.
Job Type: Part-time, Temporary
Essential Functions of the Shuttle Truck Driver position are:
- Load the truck with full racks of plants.
- Drive a 28’ box truck to pre-determined locations to meet with the Sales Representative at retail locations and/or other growing stations.
- Swap out their full racks of plants to the Sales Representative’s empty racks and return these racks to the home-base station.
- Remain in compliance with Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
- Always communicate in a respectful, kind manner.
- Such other duties as the Station Managers may reasonably request.
Salary: $18.00 / hour
Work Schedule: Workdays will vary. Peak season may require 5 to 6 days a week.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, climb, sit, bend, stoop, and reach arms over head. Employee must be able to drive and work in environmental conditions such as: wet, humid weather and extreme hot and cold temperatures. Employee must be able to tolerate loud noise and vibrations from driving a truck.