Banyan Water is a high growth IoT start-up revolutionizing the way enterprise commercial customers monitor, manage, and mitigate water risk and cost. We call it total water management for the built environment. We are venture backed and growing. Our customer base includes Fortune 500 and leading real estate companies.
Banyan Water is seeking a Smart Irrigation Services Manager for its Water Management Operations team. This role is responsible for working with sub-contractors and landscapers to install the Banyan Smart Irrigation System, and provide comprehensive water management of irrigated landscapes for a portfolio of assigned properties using advanced web-based tools. This role is ideal for a take-charge individual who can maximize and manage positive situations, yet identify issues and persistently resolve problems.
This role will be based in Austin, TX.
- Manage installations across the United States
- Identify opportunities for installation cost savings without affecting performance on an ongoing basis.
- Implement best practices during device installation
- Monitor and manage irrigation schedules on proactive basis
- Use of web-based systems to review irrigation flows, schedules, alerts and irregularities
- Provide guidance and assistance to Water Conservation Program Managers, Hardware and Software Engineering, with troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Interact with property management and landscapers to provide local account management
- Proactively manage and resolve issues for customers in a timely and professional manner
- Goal: to deliver a great client experience resulting in water savings and an attractive and healthy landscape
- Bachelor of Science degree from accredited university, preferably in Landscape Design, Agronomy or Horticulture, or extensive past employment in agronomy and commercial irrigation system operations and management
- 3-5 years of in-field operation and management of commercial irrigation systems, centralized irrigation control, water budgeting and soil moisture management
- Texas Landscape License Required (Irrigation License)
- Knowledge of 2-wire irrigation systems
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment
- Be a team player
- Take pride in their work and ownership of their accounts to ensure top-notch client service
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce and Google Docs preferred
- Must have the ability to travel
- High aptitude in computer technology, cellular communications. LAN/WAN preferred