GROW YOUR CAREER WITH OUR TEAM! Mariani Enterprises, LLC has an opening for a full-time Specialty Services Technician to work in our Lake Bluff, IL location. Level 1 & 2 open.
ABOUT MARIANI ENTERPRISES, LLC:
Mariani Enterprises, LLC has built its business across more than 60 years and three generations, establishing itself as the industry leader in residential landscape. Headquartered in Lake Bluff, Illinois, Mariani’s reputation for impeccable design creativity, build excellence and high touch service puts them in their own category. Their work grows out of their mission--to create and maintain unique, quality environments for the benefit of their clients and community. The results include long-standing, multi-generational client relationships, career development opportunities across all disciplines, best of class certifications (ISO 9001) and industry accolades (NALP, ASLA, ILCA, PLN, LUXE RED, etc), and exponential market growth now happening nationwide. Add in Mariani’s exceptional work culture and their growth potential is unsurpassed.
A specialty services technician performs chemical applications for pest prevention or other landscaping needs. Conduct routine safety inspections of equipment, maintain proper chemical storage and mixing areas that comply with local and federal regulations, and manage inventory and usage of fertilizer and pesticides. Duties include operating sprayers and spreaders to treat specific landscape pests and nutritional deficiencies. Employ integrated pest management techniques and best practices. Applies to turf, natural areas, rose care, and plant health care services as described by Mariani Landscape.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
.Follow company policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Act as a resource and liaison to Mariani clients while at the job site.
- Communicate problems, client concerns, associate matters, etc. to the Production Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Participate in safety and training meetings.
- At the direction of the Production Coordinator, secure tools, and equipment necessary for each job, including proper safety equipment.
- Ensure others under your supervision are following proper safety procedures and standards regularly.
- Wear and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Manage and participate in the work performed at each job site applying product and horticultural practices.
- Complete appropriate documentation by days end and ensure accuracy of all documentation.
- Participate in all necessary Mariani training with relation to equipment and safety.
- Arrive for each workday on time and prepared, including dressed in the appropriate Mariani uniform.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 1 year of experience in the landscape industry.
- Possess a valid of a valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Possess a valid Illinois Operators Pesticide License.
- Ability to speak and communicate (verbal and written) in English.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with clients and other Mariani associates.
- Demonstrate acceptable level of basic plant recognition and horticultural knowledge.
- Ability to deliver quality results under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of pertinent equipment operation.
- Demonstrate accountability for work being performed and completed on schedule.
- Ability to train, lead, and direct the work of others and delegate tasks.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety and practicing safe work behaviors.
- Demonstrate a safe driving history, including the operation of Mariani vehicles.
Work requires the ability to lift up to 100 lbs. on occasion, and frequently transport bagged material up to 50 lbs. Physical requirements also include lifting, bending, walking, carrying, and pushing on a repetitive basis. This position works outdoors in various weather conditions. The noise level at the job site may be loud when operating certain equipment such as blowers or small power tools. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to client needs and deadlines.
BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME ASSOCIATES:
- 401(k) plan with company match
- PPO & HMO health insurance options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time Off
- 7 paid Holidays per year including discretionary year end holiday shut-down
- Tuition Reimbursement (after one year of service)
For more information about Mariani, please visit our website at www.marianilandscape.com.
Mariani is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V