We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Our Forestry division has an opening for a qualified individual to supervise the Seed Facility at our new state-of-the-art nursery in Siskiyou County. The successful applicant will work from the Nursery office in Grenada, CA
.About The Position
• Supervise Seed Facility and engage in seed operations, including: conifer seed processing, cleaning, testing, stratification, germination, and storage
• Manage and perform daily activities related to seed processing including extraction, drying, and separation
• Track incoming and outgoing seed and assist management with seed sales
• Coordinate with production department for seed orders and stratification
• Manage all aspects and critical timing of stratification
• Oversee seed lab functions, including: determining seed viability, moisture content, purity, seed per pound calculations, germination percent, and long-term storage needs
• Maintain and grow knowledge specific to seed operationsQualifications
• Post-secondary education in botany, horticulture, biology, or forestry OR 3 years’ related experience
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proven ability to thrive in a constantly-changing and fast-paced work environment
• Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and solving a broad array of scientific challenges
• Effectively collaborate in a team environment, as well as succeed on an individual basisWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Amy Sarti, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $95,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.