Smith Gardens has an exciting opportunity for a Transplanting Manager to join our team at our Marysville, WA site.
Smith Gardens is a Wholesale Nursery company that is headquartered in Bellingham Washington, and has been family owned for over 100 years with facilities in three states.
Opened in 1988, our Marysville location is the largest site of the Smith Gardens family consisting of 60 acres, with 500,000 square feet of greenhouse space. Marysville is the primary site for perennial production, but also grows mums, hanging baskets and annuals.
Manages transplanting processes to include production operations, production scheduling, capacity/labor planning, and materials management. Utilize systems with the primary goals of reducing costs, improving procedures and finished product, and increasing profit. Lead and motivate staff, increase performance, while promoting a positive, professional work environment.
• Strategically manage Production processes including Receiving, Moving, Transplanting and Picas inventory tracking
• Plan weekly production, location and spacing needs
• Develop strategies for production and receiving efficiencies
• Adhere to Picas user protocols for successful inventory accuracy and availability
• Utilize/create efficiencies through our systems to improve company growth
• Lead, train and develop Team
• Leadership Focus on Continuous Improvement
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in person, and via phone or radio with all levels of staff
• Strong leadership, teambuilding, and interpersonal skills
• Positive customer service attitude and work ethic
• Initiative-driven with the ability to prioritize work for results outcomes within a fast- paced working environment
• Effective time management with the ability to balance floor and office time
• Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field, three years’ industry experience, or an equivalent combination
• Comprehensive knowledge on production of quality plant material.
• Two years’ previous supervisory experience
• Experience with perennials and annuals are required
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Spanish speaking beneficial
• Work long hours as needed during busy season, including some weekends
• Work in both an office and warehouse environment
To learn more about our company & view a more detailed job description, visit our website at smithgardens.com/careers. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) and Company-Paid LTD. Apply today!
We look forward to hearing from you!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties or qualifications.
Smith Gardens provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.